I know, I know, I’ve been talking a whole lot about New Year’s Eve lately, but the day has finally arrived, so it only feels appropriate to talk about it a little bit more.
New Year’s Eve can often be tough—tell me I’m not alone in this—and I tend to get my hopes up as I imagine the most elaborately magical night. Since most of the failure comes from my poor planning, I thought I’d create a checklist for the night that’ll hopefully help you (and me!) plan accordingly, as to not find yourself in the back of a dive bar at midnight with no one to kiss! So, without further adieu, here’s my checklist:
- Set out the outfit. Don’t wait until the last minute on this! It often seems easy to select the most glitzy dress in your closet, but once you try it on, you’re likely going to have a panic attack. Well, if you’re anything like me, that is. Be sure to try the dress on hours before you leave the house. Oh, and please don’t be that girl wearing a tiny dress without a jacket! It’s cold, really cold!
- Text your friends. Try to make a clear plan with your friends so there’s no confusion about when to meet and where to meet.
- Stay cool. Decide how much you want to drink (if any!) and try to stick to that.
- Plan the rides. It’s always a good idea to put the phone numbers for cab companies ahead of time, but it’s an even better idea to have a car arranged in advance to pick you up. Whatever you do, just don’t drive drunk!
- Apply lip gloss. Make sure your lips are nice and moisturized for that midnight kiss!
- Set some resolutions. This is your chance to make some resolutions for yourself, so take advantage of it!
- Enjoy yourself. Try to leave some room for spontaneity and go where the night takes you.