One of my favorite Sunday routines is heading to the flea market and scoping out all of the great deals to be had. There’s always something that catches my eye – whether it’s a big piece like a table or a small piece like a throw pillow, and I love the endless inspiration all of the rummaging fuels.
Having been to many a flea market in my day, I’ve learned the best way to navigate them. Here are some simple tips:
- Wear comfortable shoes. You’ll be walking a lot so sneakers are a good idea.
- Grab cash ahead of time. Even if you aren’t planning to buy anything, it’s always smart to have some cash on you.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for what you want. If you find something you think you want but aren’t fully sure, I’d recommend asking the vendor to hold it. Or, you can always try to bring the price down by offering a lower amount.
- Bring snacks. There will likely be food at the flea market but it can be a bit pricey. As such, I try to bring Lara bars and other snacks whenever I go. Oh, and don’t forget to bring water of course!
- Put a little effort into it. Not everything will be visible from the surface. You may need to dig through piles to find what you want.